I LOVE chocolate cake. This recipe is fabulous. It reminds me of a rich, slightly cakey brownie. It doesn't use any flour, so it's great for people who need to eat gluten free.
I made this for my mom's birthday last year, and she loved it. We have celiac disease in our family, so it was super fun to have a cake that was "legal" for everyone.
Whether you have to eat gluten free or not, I think you'll enjoy this unique treat.
Flourless Chocolate Cake II
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped (Note from Sal: I use 3/4 cup chocolate chips instead. It works very well.)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch round cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com